Vogue Knitting Live

Posted on | September 22, 2011 | 8 Comments

This weekend is the Vogue Knitting Live event in Los Angeles. I have two new patterns which will be for sale in kit form at the Knit Culture booth. I’m going to be hanging out, wandering around on Saturday, ~excited to see my friend~ Mary Jane Mucklestone, and hope to see lots of knitters!!!
Sunday at 10:00 am I’ll be at the Knit Culture booth. Please come by and say hi.

Here is my glamorous friend Gracie (check out her Persimmon jewelry line) modeling Let it Be Hat and Cuffs: both pieces are knit in the round, edged in classic Feather and Fan stitch. It’s a great pattern for knitting a quick gift for someone you love or for yourself : ) The yarn is Dream in Color Smooshy with Cashmere, it’s soft soft soft and gorgeous color.

Heartswing is worked in the lovely, so lovely I want to taste it, Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light. I personally, have knit this shawl so many times I can’t count.
Artist Annie Buckley kindly modeled Heartswing shawl. She has a beautiful smile, but I want to show you how the lace looks : )

It’s been a year of meditative knitting for me and for much of the knitting I kept myself busy making this shawl design. I hope knitters will enjoy making it as much as I have.

xoKat

Both patterns are now available for purchase on Ravelry as pdf downloads.
Heartswing $6.00

Let it Be Hat and Cuffs $5.00

Comments

8 Responses to “Vogue Knitting Live”

1. Nicole
    September 22nd, 2011 @ 11:05 pm

Beautiful designs Kat! That Heartswing shawl is a stunner.

It’s wonderful to hear from you again. I hope you are well, sweet lady.

2. gale (she shoots sheep shots)
    September 23rd, 2011 @ 7:49 am

Have a wonderful time at the event Kat! And also with Mary Jane. I met her a couple of weeks ago, and she’s the real deal.

3. Kathleen
    September 25th, 2011 @ 5:09 am

So glad to see you’ve been knitting, Kat. Both patterns look lovely, and I completely agree on tosh light. Hope you’re having fun at VKLive!

4. michele
    September 25th, 2011 @ 7:58 am

such beautiful photographs and models.

i love those increases at the back of the shawl. the shawl really does remind me of wings.

so nice to see a post from you!

5. gay
    September 25th, 2011 @ 3:52 pm

i so wish i could see you at the event and gaze on both those beautiful patterns live! am loving the hat a lot love feather and fan and the shawl is gorgeous! good luck with them both so glad to see a post from you too!

6. Annika
    September 26th, 2011 @ 5:23 am

It was so great to meet you! I will be knitting Let It Be for myself for sure.

7. carrie
    September 27th, 2011 @ 11:31 am

Your friend is gorgeous and so are those knits! I’m a sucker for Feather and Fan. Always. And, your lace blows me away. Always.
    Glad to see you here again.
    Missed you,
    xoxo
    c

8. Marla McLean, Atelierista
    October 17th, 2011 @ 5:30 pm

ooooh the shawl is amazing. I think I need to forward it to my sister to knit for me for xmas.
    I wanted to pass on this link to you. If you scroll down, there is work by a Chilean Artist who does crochet installations. I thought of you. http://museum.oas.org/exhibitions/photo-galleries/2011-chile-photos-tl.html
    and here’s the story of the exhibit: